usrconline.org
United States Rottweiler Club Members Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SE Regional Director - Candidates Declaration and Disc 2015
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    usrconline.org Forum Index -> 2017 Elections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forum Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: SE Regional Director - Candidates Declaration and Disc 2015 Reply with quote

Candidates interested in running for Regional Director must declare their intent to run and their qualifications for the position. Declaration and discussion for potential candidates will be open from April 30th until May 7th.

All discussion must be fundamentally courteous and orderly. Any member who fails or refuses to engage in discussion or debate in an orderly and courteous manner may be ejected from the electronic meeting by order of the President or by a vote of the Board of Directors.

Eligibility
The Regional Director shall be selected for their knowledge and experience with Rottweilers, USRC events and the USRC Bylaws, standing rules and procedures. The Regional Director must reside within the regional boundaries, must not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age and must not be under current disciplinary action.

A USRC Regional Director shall be the regional representative of the USRC. The Regional Director shall promote and assist in the development of new clubs in their region. The Regional Director shall approve all USRC sanctioned events for all clubs in their region and shall properly manage and assist with club’s requests for judges according to the standing procedures to secure event judges. The Regional Director or their appointed representative must be present at all USRC sanctioned events in their respective region. A Regional Director shall have authority in their region only. If circumstances dictate, the Board of Directors may require a Regional Director to take responsibility for an area or a club outside of their own region. The Regional Director shall fulfill such other duties as may be assigned by the USRC, the Board of Directors, or the President.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am declaring my intent to run for the SERD I have held this position for four years I am looking forward to the new Elections and I am in place willing to help and support the new board, I own three Rottweiler's have been active on the work side as well as the show side of this breed
I would like to be part of the new USRC the new Direction and the new clubs that are trying to come back with the USRC as well as main ting a relationship with the currant clubs,,,i feel I am very reachable own a local Auto dealership and repair shop deal with people happy and sad all day long I know what it takes

Thank You
Art Starbird
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am declaring my intent to run for the position of Southeast Regional Director. If I am elected I will represent my region and the entire USRC organization in a very positive and productive manner. I will promote and assist in the new development of clubs throughout my region. I vow to be in attendance at all USRC sanctioned events within my region and beyond. I promise to take on other responsibilities outside of my region if deemed necessary.

I have been involved heavily in Rottweilers since 2003. Having lived in Germany for over five years (2003-2008), I have participated in the dedication and commitment to the Rottweiler that the German people emanate. Having been involved in countless ZTP’s, IPO’s, and Sieger Shows, I am very familiar with the rules and regulation that is in place. I truly believe that the Rottweiler is a WORKING dog and the BH, ZTP, and IPO is very important to me. To me it shows the true characteristics of a complete Rottweiler, which is something that we all should strive for and promote.

On a more personal note, I am a husband and father of two beautiful children. My wife (retired Air Force after 22 yrs) is the State Educator for Nutritional Services in SC and is very supportive of me taking on this position within the USRC. I’m a proud disciplinarian for a school district here in SC. I currently own four Rottweilers that all have their BH, ZTP, IPO 1,2,or 3. We have shown them all in Europe and across the United States. I have dedicated myself to continue to educate others on the working Rottweiler.

I look forward to being the Southeast Regional Director and being a valuable asset to the entire USRC organization.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: http://usrconline.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=78 Reply with quote

I would like to thank Brandon for stepping up for Election for the SERD , it is a breath of fresh air to see others that want to promote and help with the growth of the new direction of the New USRC the last few years has been extremely rough for the USRC almost a complete shut down few years ago yes Chuck stepped up and appointed those whom he felt could assist it the Righting of the ship if you will I feel the Currant USRC members deserve nothing but the full attention of any elected position, Brandon with you currant position with the RKNA dog club your active RKNA dog club status, a direct competitor of the USRC few years ago this club RKNA was not heard of in USA and is now still gaining speed along with few other dog organization's,I am curious do YOU feel that a conflict of interest if you are elected with the affiliations of being attached with both dog clubs, I fully support the USRC and have never chosen to support the RKNA because I still believe in the USRC and feel we are the Premier Rottweiler's club in AMERICA, I DO feel the USRC is on the right track we need to continue to raise the spectra of the entire Club we cant afford any set backs at this fragile time, cant afford lack of detail from others that cant give us full attention , again I applaud your throwing your hat in the ring
Thank You
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art,

I believe Brandon, his members, and his club have resigned from RKNA and are currently in the process of becoming a USRC club. I will let Brandon confirm that himself. We would welcome him, his club, and members to the USRC.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Art, I want to thank him for stating his concerns. Although it seems like you were making statements and not actually asking me questions. I’ll be more than happy to navigate through what you wrote and address any concerns you may have.
I am a USRC member and hopefully will become the Southeast Regional Director. I no longer hold positions with the RKNA, so there is no need to have concerns on how I will balance both organizations. I am not bias nor closed minded when it comes to events for the Rottweiler. I support many organizations that promote the Rottweiler in a positive manner.
I take this Regional Director position very serious. If I didn’t have the support of my wife I wouldn’t even run. She supports the idea of me traveling to many events throughout the year. She supports the time being spent reaching out to other Rottweiler enthusiast educating them on the USRC and the complete Rottweiler. So that being said, the USRC will get my full attention and dedication.
I totally understand that the USRC is moving in a productive direction and that’s the direction we need to continue moving in. So Art if you continue to walk with your head turned around looking at the past, you’ll eventually run into something and fall down. Let’s continue to be positive and promote the breed that we all love.
I plan to be in no war with other organizations. I have bigger and better things planned for my region that the entire USRC organization will benefit from.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Southeastern Regional Director Voting & Discussion Reply with quote

So to be clear you have already stepped down from the RKNA
as their Regional Admin position?
Do you still have a active RKNA dog club? And member roster If so do you plan on keeping the RKNA club active if you are voted in?
Brandon a lot of us don't know you or what you are about we are just trying to get to know you , The RKNA is a Direct Competitor of the USRC we must have our guard up, we the USRC needs to be in the number one slot not second or equal to another dog organization
and a lot of RKNA member's are jumping ship just trying to clarify the situation ,When you are walking on TOP of the mountain there is not much one can walk into except higher levels,
Thank you for the response just trying to clarify ....
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwilson wrote:
Art,

I believe Brandon, his members, and his club have resigned from RKNA and are currently in the process of becoming a USRC club. I will let Brandon confirm that himself. We would welcome him, his club, and members to the USRC.
I have not been advised or have no knowledge of the inquiry of a new club app this is great news
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art, I am no longer RD for the RKNA and actually it’s been over a year since I held that position. But since we are on that topic I’ll share a few things. During my tenure as RD I attended every event in the organization, not just in my region. I was the first club in my region and I was successful in promoting and developing all the new clubs in my region.

Art, you say that you don’t know me but I was in attendance at the Nationals in October 2014, and the Nationals in November 2013. Both these shows were in your region. That’s the difference between you and I. As Regional Director if I were to see a new face at an event I would at the minimum introduce myself and make them feel comfortable.

Art, I’m not going to compete with any other organization. I’m going to do what’s best for the USRC. It’s necessary that we have relationships with other organizations. A lot of clubs count on other organizations members to enter dogs for events. No dogs, no events! We can’t be blind to the situation. The USRC already has the foundation to be successful. My mindset is to be proactive and not reactive.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Southeastern Regional Director Voting & Discussion Reply with quote

I also have been very active in the USRC , trying to recruit new clubs ,member's and contacting existing clubs about shows and events

you stated that you will be attending every show with the USA that the USRC puts on in your REGION as well as all others all Regions ,This is your platform? Your position you stated

Did you compete this Past SCH USRC Nats or last years? I did not notice you or your dogs in Premium, or see you checking in at tracking or Obed or protection I do wish you Great success and if anything I can be of help in the Future, .
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art, let’s stay on the topic. What does me checking in have to do with this campaign? I already told you that I was in attendance.

Yes, I will attend every event in my region. It’s a requirement being RD, you should know that especially since you’ve been RD the last four years.

By the way, how many new clubs have you developed during your tenure as RD?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Southeastern Regional Director Voting & Discussion Reply with quote

To me I tahught it sounded like you was competing in the Champioship that's why when I say Checking in if you was in the Championship your answer would have been yes

Read your earlier statement you stated you will attend every show in the USA , that's a big announcement a lot of traveling

The last couple years have been tough for the USRC we are still in the rebuilding stage at one time our membership dropped below 100 and even lower thus other Clubs such as RKNA have taken many of our membership and shows ,our Cornerstone the ADRK Judges, so when another person wants to be a spokesperson and is affiliated with the RKNA, we want to make sure when its decision time the USRC wins, I have three very interested people whom I have been in contact with that are waiting to see the outcome we need to right the ship still be standing strong to attract others this is why I am still here with the USRC , The USRC is please to see that you have taken notice of whom the premier Rottweiler club is in these United States I am proud and ready to get the New USRC going its been a long slow process and look forward to many more Thank You
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art, it doesn’t matter if I was there for the IPO or Sieger Show. My point is that I was there and wasn’t introduced to the person who was running the region.

And this is what I said in my previous post. “I vow to be in attendance at all USRC sanctioned events within my region and beyond”. Where is it that I stated that I will attend every show in the USA? I work in the field of education. I’m off from work the entire summer, spring break, weekends, and all holidays. I’ve lived in multiple states and countries. Traveling is in my blood, my family enjoys it.

I’m still waiting for an answer to my question. How many clubs did you develop in your region during your tenure as RD?

You stated that we need the right people in positions so the USRC can continue to run strong and attract others. I totally agree with you, that’s exactly why I’m running for the Southeast Regional Director position.

I’ve noticed that you declared to run for two positions. Please explain to use how it’s possible for you to serve on the Board of Directors as well as being Regional Director. To me these both are very demanding positions which requires a lot time. I’m curious to know what your intentions are by running for both positions.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Southeastern Regional Director Voting & Discussion Reply with quote

As of two days ago no other member stated or wanted to hold thus I was lined up to if needed to help run this position you see I am MULTI tasking trying to help out anyplace required, If Elected to Position Treasurer the SERD will be a fill in now with you onboard, like I said ITS A BREATHE OF FRESH AIR we need some strong leadership transparency, events we need to raise the entire spectra of the USRC , trying to start up any new clubs is impossible to do when membership is dismal and the Majority of all the other clubs, such as the one you are affiliated with are attracting taking STEALING all our member's with empty promises.
With all that said i have never attended or joined RKNA simply my choice to Boycott them, it has been a slow turn but everyone must agree that the USRC is the premier club in AMERICA DO YOU AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT DO YOU THINK THE USRC IS THE PREMIRE ROTTWEILER CLUB IN AMERICA?
Please if you have any other questions diff topics, I feel enough discussion about how strong the USRC club is how the USRC its Memberships Executive board, Helpers, judges and dogs are the top of the breed standard , the best for any and all Rottweiler clubs in America should attempt to follow,
Thank You
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt at first. But the more I read what you write the more I realize why you couldn’t get any clubs developed in your region. Please from this point forward only ask relevant questions.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    usrconline.org Forum Index -> 2017 Elections All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: